VCS provides assistance to participants in meeting their career and/or education goals directly or through a community service referral as applicable. Employment and Education Services may include:
Homeless Veterans' Reintegration Program (HVRP)
- Conduct a career/education discovery assessment or inventory
- Career Development: Provide assistance or referrals from resume building to job interview skills
- Career Development: Provide assistance or referrals in employment search and application
- Career Development: Assist client to successfully retain employment
- Educational Development: Provide assistance or referrals in identifying appropriate academic/training institutions or programs
- Educational Development: Provide assistance or referrals in identifying and accessing campus, public or military education resources (GI Bill, Chapter 31, FAFSA, etc)
The purpose of HVRP is to provide services to assist in reintegrating homeless veterans into meaningful employment within the labor force and to stimulate the development of effective service delivery systems to address many of the challenges that our homeless vets are facing.
VCS will provide services to eligible homeless veterans utilizing a case management approach that directly assists homeless veterans as well as provide critical referrals for supportive services available in our community. Our program is "employment focused" and veterans receive the employment and training services they need in order to re-enter the labor force. HVRP services may include:
- Job Placement
- Job Development
- Career Counseling
- Resume Preparation
- Supportive services such as clothing, provision of or referral to temporary, transitional, and permanent housing, referral to medical and substance abuse treatment, and transportation assistance may also be provided to meet the needs of homeless veterans.